Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Business in the Front, But a Party in the Back!


Okay so I'm learning all sorts of new things that my hair likes and doesn't like as I'm going along. I know my hair likes to be covered and tucked away for the evening, so that it can perform as a cute little TWA the next day. I know that it looks good either with shrinkage or with a little volume. I love that I can inflate or deflate my hair just by wearing a scarf over it for a few hours.

However, I do NOT love the fact that lately as my hair has been growing out on all sides, it has not been cooperating in the back the following morning after I take said scarf off.

And I'm scared that if I don't get this under control and figure out a solution that I will end up looking like this in a few more months....

http://www.unstructed.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/afro-mullet/

HELP!!! How do I keep away the afro mullet I sport every morning? It's always a ridge in the back and I have to pic it out and rescarf my hair with the knot at my forehead instead of at the back of the neck like I wear it at night.

Tips please, tips...


My best,

Song of the Moment: Lauryn Hill "Everything is Everything". Yes it is Lauryn, sing it!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Well not EXACTLY like the man in the photo. You know, minus the gender, race and blonde hair...everything opposite of this pic is what I might turn out looking like if y'all dont help me! ;oP

My best, Natural Mama

Britt said...

Haha I didn't even know an afro mullet was possible!

Girl In A Thunderbolt said...

I used to get this problem too! I thought the mullet fairies were getting busy every night as I slept! I was far too lazy to think of a logical solution and just got my boyfriend to chop the offending back and sides off and leave the volume on the top. Now the fairies can't catch me! :D

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

befoe I has locs, I'd braid my fro into at night. it helped.