Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

That's A Dealbreaker!

Okay so Saturday night my scalp was killing me - you all feel my pain right? So I knew that I was lacking some serious moisture in my doo mop so I went on the search for a good natural conditioner I could do at home. I make my own natural conditioner myself, but I had read somewhere recently that someone had used bananas and was happy with the end result there. So what do I do?

I whip up some banana conditioner....

I put that all up in my hair with an egg and then let it marinate for about 1/2 an hour with a bag over it. I take it off, hop in the shower and start to rub it out. After about 1/2 hour in the shower I get out and I'm drying my hair with the towel and seeing pretty large bits of banana coming out into the towel. I put on my glasses and walk over to the mirror just to see what looks like a bag of jiffy pop popcorn growing out of every which way in my fro! I freaked out and started combing it out. I thought I got the majority done away with, so I wrap my head up for the night and figure if there is anymore then I'll just get it in the morning. Mind you, I have a 8 o'clock wake up call on Sundays for my religious obligations. And two kids. And breakfast needed to get done, and exercise. So...who was I kidding?

Sure enough I woke up to my head still pretty full of banana and my husband going "You have like no time before we leave to finish getting dressed AND do your makeu........what's all that in your hair?" He comes over and then like something out of Animal Planet the papa ape comes over and starts to groom the mama ape of the banana in her hair! LOL! I thought it was just going to be easier because he is a whole head taller than me and can see the whole melon. After a minute he was like "Well that's the best I could do..."

What? Excuse me? I don't leave the house after he utters the words "that's the best I could do". It's at that point that my little son gets sick and pukes all over our hallway (just OUTSIDE the bathroom of course) and THAT'S when my plans of staying in all Sunday were basically made for me.....

Long story semi short....

Bananas? That's a deal breaker ladies!!!!!!! (at least for me)


My best,


Song of the Moment: Mayer Hawthorne "Just Aint Gonna Work Out"

4 comments:

Britt said...

Wow that sounds like an eventful morning..lol. I would try banana baby food before giving up on bananas completely. Yes, I said it. Baby food. All the wonderful stuff about bananas, minus the chunks. HTH!

Naturally UK said...

Hey Lynn,

Great blog- I have really enjoyed reading t. I would LOVE you to do a post about your natural conditioner over at Naturally Random.

Let me know what you tihnk.

Jah Bless Naturally.

Karl-Edwin Guerre said...

came across your blog and must commend you on the content. Great Site and I will spread the word on it.

www.swagger360.blogspot.com

ChoQolate ChiQ BKA QD! said...

thanks for letting me know the outcome of the banana conditioner mix lol!!