New Posts Mondays.
New here? Start here...
Look at this little bottle. Now look at me. Back at the bottle. Back at me. My hair STILL looks wonderful! All due to this shampoo that I've been working with lately. And I am liking it alot...here's why:
1. The majority of the ingredients are pretty organic (we will talk about the UNsavory additives in a moment)
2. I can really feel a difference in my hair after I shampoo with this.
3. Okay...I guess I only really had 2 reasons that I like it....
I put it in my hair and really for me it's not a huge gigantic lather that I end up with but that's okay. I just need it to wash ya know? And when I say that it makes my hair squeaky clean I mean it - my hair actually squeaks afterwards when I run my hands through it. My hair is so loose afterwards too. You all know that I have a ton of curls atop my head and at times they can create this wall that nothing can penetrate. But this stuff smashed right through that glass ceiling. It makes for a nice hair experience afterwards.
Now the Cons....
Ingredients-wise we could do without a few of these.
- Sodium Myreth Sulfate - can cause irritation in eyes. Trust me! I got just a bit in my left eye once and the kids thought I was purposely wearing my eye like that to play "Scare Tactics" with them or something.
- Octyl Dimethyl PABA - this may cause allergic reactions, cancer, endocrine disruptions which can cause reproductive problems (but it was listed closer to the bottom, so I guess I'm trying to get by on that fact that they probably didn't put alot into it)
- Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer - a possible carcinogen but "they" say the molecules are too large for absorption.
- Potassium Sorbate - may irritate eyes.
- Sodium Benzoate - usually found in food as a stabilizer it was taken out of Diet Cola in Britain. It's been linked to hyperactivity in children. When taken in large doses it can cause free radicals in the body that can cause serious illnesses.
let's leave on a positive note. No use me being the one who completely ruins your week with nothing but bad news. Some good things about this shampoo.
- Hydrolized Elastin - prevents premature loss of elasticity to skin (and I guess hair too because my hair is so bouncy and resilient after a wash)
- Inositol - promotes healthy hair growth
- Biotin - also promotes healthy hair growth (from Vitamin B)
So there you go folks. It has its minuses and pluses, you just have to decide if YOU want it. Honestly, I am missing my shampoo bars from Smell Goods Spa and I will most likely be going back to that after I am done with this bottle until I can find another shampoo that I want to try.
Have a great week all.
Song of the Week: Spoon "You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb". Fast and upbeat. That's all I ask for on my Mondays.