Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Nod...

You know what I mean right? When you are out in public and you see one of our kind and you stare for a second to assess her style. Then you are walking past each other and then there is that silent and completely understood moment when you both nod at each other. At that very moment a whole slew of thoughts are silently conveyed.

"What a beautiful look on her."
"I wonder when she went natural."
"I love her length."
"I love her TWA (teeny weeny afro)."
"Where did she get those earrings? Headband? Scarf?"

And then without a word we smile and move on. Don't you just love that? Sometimes of course you just have to engage in a conversation especially if you really like what you see. I was once in a public convention center and passed another natural and she leaned over as she passed and said "Girl keep it goin'!" and I said "Mmhmm...you know?" And we both laughed and went our separate ways.

I love our little world here. It's safe and sacred.

What about you ladies....ever have a great run-in or nod off with another natural while out and about? Dish, dish...



My best,

2 comments:

DeeShantel said...

I love having those special, unspoken moments with other naturals...it's like its our very own secret language! :)

Sabrina P. said...

As much as I love to talk I have to tell miss natural just how much I love her hair. The secret bond is beautiful and we have to look out for one another.