Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

How Often Should a Natural Shampoo?


Hmm? How often do you shampoo your hair? I wash it about once a week or week and a half with shampoo. But on a daily basis I am wetting it in the shower when I wash up. I find that it is helping with my growth tremendously.

I know that growing up I always heard "Dont wet your hair in the shower because it takes the oil out of your hair", but in my case, as long as I am adding some oils right after my shower I am not missing any oils.

This is currently my shampoo that I've been rocking:

Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Shampoo


And I love the effect it has on my hair. It's a great cleanser. It gets all the buildup out and then I can start from scratch. Tomorrow I will show you the effects of it. Maybe some before and after shots? Yeah that sounds about right.

So todays question is, how often should I wash my hair? Any natural hairdressers out there with the info feel free to leave a comment below or drop me a line email style.

Peace y'all...

4 comments:

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

I agree with you. I shampoo once a week, but I spritz every day with water mixed with oils. It does help with growth!

p.s. I appreciate the comment you left me during my loss. I did lean on Him and I have been uplifted. :-)

Ermilene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nappy headed black girl said...

I think the frequency that you wash varies highly from person to person.

I wash once a week (more in the summer) and rarely moisturize during the week.

I used to do the daily spritz thing but realized that I didn't need it. I just thought that's what naturals "did."

It's largely trial and error, even between two heads with the same hair type.

BmomB said...

I'm anxious to see the results, I live in super humid area. And, what my hair use to look like has long vanished. It is so wavy now I cant stand it. So lets see what happens with the Giovanni tea...as for washing mine is so blasted thick I have to plan it weekly depending on my workload (high maintenance)