Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

So What Are You Going to DO With It Now?

Has anyone asked you that after you have been growing your hair out for a good minute?

I just had someone ask me that not too long ago and I was like "What do you mean? It's cooked. It's done. All that's left is to just let it grow."

It took everything in me not to go off on a naturals manifesto on "What do you think I should do with my hair now? Relax it?!?"

I might or might not have been PMSing at the time and had no access to chocolate so she didn't pick the best moment to ask me such a simple question.

I hate when people say that though. I'm like what if the shoe was on the other foot and asked a girl with straight hair "Okay so what are you going to do with that now?" She would give me the crooked eye too, I'm sure.

Don't you love how people just think that either this is a phase, or that we will one day come to our senses and go back to the way our hair used to be "because it's easier and more socially acceptable". Don't you love how people of the same race as us can throw us under the bus to other races by saying that we walk around with "the wild" atop of our heads? (Trust me, I've heard that too.) Or with the assumption of "she just gave up didn't she?" Or the fact that I swear I can tell between the relaxed chick that just walked by me and smiled because she is contemplating stepping over into Natural Land and the relaxed chick that has no clue what wonders lie beneath her chemicals so she resorts to the "I smell boo boo" face when passing me in the store because she thinks that she has it all together, but I don't?

I hope this made sense because I came on here to print my natural manifesto - instead of lashing it out on an unsuspecting bystander who doesn't know any better. LOL.

My best,
Lynn

5 comments:

TEST BLOG said...

Hi Lynn,
Love your blogs!! I got an email from you about using our backgrounds....email us at admin{at}thecutestblogontheblock{dot}com and we will help you out:)
Becky

The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Sorry! I forgot to sign into our normal blog:) Have a good day!
Becky

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Just came across your blog..awesome info!

Teresha@Marlie and Me said...

You've been so quiet lately. Do I need to send a search party? Hope all is well. BTW, do you still sell that avocado hair conditioner?

Ioana-Carmen said...

love everything! would you enjoy following each other? kisses

FashionSpot.ro